John Hyde MLA, Member for Perth
Shadow Minister for Culture and the Arts; Local Government; Heritage; Multicultural Interests and Citizenship.
The electorate of Perth is a great place to live, with a friendly village-like atmosphere. We enjoy a diverse, multicultural community spirit and have access to great cultural, entertainment and sporting facilities.
As someone who lives, works, shops and dines in our local area, I'm passionate about making sure our quality of life is strengthened and that WA continues to become a better place to live. I entered State Parliament in 2001 after serving as Mayor and Councillor on the now City of Vincent.
As an active member of community, sporting and interest groups locally, I want to make sure that your concerns have a voice in State Parliament. If there is any matter that falls within the responsibility of State Government Departments that is causing you or your family concern, please do not hesitate to contact my office.
Please feel welcome to call in if you wish, or contact my office by phone, fax or e-mail. If my parliamentary work takes me away from the office, my friendly electorate staff will be happy to assist you.
- John's inaugural speech
- All John's parliamentary speeches
- John's latest media releases
- City of Perth
- City of Vincent
- Art Gallery of WA
- Perth Trees
- Heritage Council of WA
- Northbridge History Project 2005-2010
- Australian Intercultural Society
- Fo Guang Shan Temple of WA
- Ethnic Communities Council of Western Australia (ECCWA)
- ECCWA: Facebook
- Pakistanis in Australia: Facebook
- Coalition for Asylum Seekers, Refugees and Detainees (CARAD)
- The Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development (AFPPD)
- Claisebrook Catchment Group
- Google Maps
- WA Labor
- Australian Labor